WELSH CHURCH ACT ESTATE COMMITTEE
Minutes of a meeting held on 14th November, 2016.
Present: Councillor F.T. Johnson (Chairman); Councillors G.A. Cox, C.P. Franks, H.C. Hamilton, K.P. Mahoney and R.P. Thomas.
517 APOLOGY FOR ABSENCE –
This was received from Councillor A.G. Powell (Vice-Chairman).
518 MINUTES –
RESOLVED – T H A T the minutes of the meeting held on 3rd October, 2016 be approved as a correct record.
519 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST –
No declarations were received.
520 EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC –
RESOLVED – T H A T under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item of business on the grounds that it involvs the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part 4 of Schedule 12A (as amended) of the Act, the relevant paragraphs of the Schedule being referred to in brackets after the minute heading.
521 LAND AT GLEBE FIELDS, SULLY (HLS) (EXEMPT INFORMATION – PARAGRAPH 14 AND 16) –
The Committee received a report which advised Members of progress made in relation to resolution (3) of Committee minute 390, authorising the instituting of legal proceedings to forfeit the lease of the Glebe Fields.
The Committee considered that the Operational Manager – Property, upon cessation of the lease, be requested to secure the land as appropriate.
Having considered the report, the Committee
(1) T H A T the progress made to date and the legal advice as set out in the report be noted.
(2) T H A T the Head of Legal Services be authorised to take all necessary steps, including the payment of any small Court fees to assist the Defendants in relinquishing the lease and concluding the Court processes in the best interests of the Welsh Church Act Trust.
(3) T H A T the Operational Manager – Property, be requested to secure the land at Glebe Fields upon cessation of the current lease.
Reasons for decisions
(1) To apprise the Committee of the progress made in relation to the actions taken to forfeit the lease to date and future potential actions and to note the advice provided.
(2) To authorise the Head of Legal Services to act as per Recommendation (2) above in order to conclude the Defendants’ occupation of the land at Glebe Fields.
(3) To secure the land at Glebe Fields.