Agenda Item No. 4
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Senior Management Appointment Committee: 27th April 2017
Report of the Director of Learning and Skills
Recruitment and Selection Arrangements for the Head of Strategy, Community Learning and Resources
Purpose of the Report
- To set out a final interview schedule for the above post.
To conduct interviews on the 27th April 2017 to appoint to the position of Head of Strategy, Community Learning & Resources.
Reason for the Recommendation
To ensure the appointment is in accordance with the Councils Constitution.
- The Senior Management Appointment Committee met on the 5 April 2017 to consider applications for the post of Head of Strategy, Community Learning & Resources
- Five candidates attended assessment centre/technical interview on 4 April 2017.
- Following feedback to the Senior Management Appointment Committee on the assessment centre/technical interviews at the meeting on 5 April, they agreed that one candidate would be invited to final interview on 27 April 2017.
Relevant Issues and Options
- The following documentation is provided to support the Committee in finalising the appointment process:-
- Appendix 1 Job description
- Appendix 2 Person specification
- The application form is contained with "Part II" of the agenda.
- Interview questions and presentation topic will be provided to Committee members on the day.
- Appointment to the post of Head of Strategy, Community Learning & Resources will be on the terms and conditions as prescribed by the Joint Negotiating Committee for Chief Officers for Local Authorities
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
- The vacancy is a consequence of the current post holder being appointed to the post of Director of Learning and Skills.
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
- There are not sustainability or climate change implications as a result of this report.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
- There are no direct legal implications resulting from this report.
Crime and Disorder Implications
- There are no crime and disorder implications resulting from this report.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
- The recruitment process will reflect best equal opportunities practice.
- Successful appointment to the position of Head of Strategy, Community Learning & Resources will have a major impact on the delivery of Councils corporate and service objectives.
Policy Framework and Budget
- The decision of the Senior Management Appointment Committee will be referred for information to the Council.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
- The recognised Trade Unions have been consulted on these proposals.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
Paula Ham - Director of Learning and Skills
Rob Thomas - Managing Director
Paula Ham, Director of Learning & Skills