Agenda Item No. 5
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Audit Committee 29th April 2013
Report of the Managing Director
External Auditors Progress Report
Purpose of the Report
1. The purpose of this report is to submit the External Auditor's report on progress in delivering their responsibilities as the Council's External Auditors to the Audit Committee for noting.
That Audit Committee:
1. Review and approve the content of this Report
Reasons for the Recommendations
1. So that the Committee are aware of the work being undertaken by the Council's External Auditor Grant Thornton UK LLP.
2. The Audit Committee update report on progress has been prepared by the Council's External Auditor. It sets out the work being undertaken by the Appointed Auditor at the Vale of Glamorgan Council under the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004 and provides an overview on progress to date.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. The report is attached at Appendix A and provides a position statement on the External Auditors progress in delivering their responsibilities as at the 29th April 2013
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
4. None directly from this report.
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
5. None directly from this report
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
6. The Local Government Act 1999, the Wales Programme for Improvement and the Local Government (Wales) Measure 2009 requires that the council secure continuous improvement across the full range of local services for which it is responsible.
Crime and Disorder Implications
7. None as a direct consequence of this report.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
8. None as a direct consequence of this report.
9. This report is consistent with the Council's corporate objectives to ensure effective management of resources.
Policy Framework and Budget
10. The proposals in this report are in accordance with the policy framework and budget.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
11. No further consultation is proposed.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
12. Corporate Resources.
Alan Jenkins - Head of Accountancy & Resource Management
External Audit Manager - Grant Thornton UK LLP
Sian Davies - Managing Director