Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Cabinet Meeting: 22 September, 2014
Report of the Leader
The Royal Welsh - Presentation of Colours in 2015
Purpose of the Report
1. To seek the views of Cabinet in respect of a request from The Royal Welsh to sponsor the cost of repainting drums. The cost is approximately £250 for one drum.
1. That a grant of £250 be approved towards the repainting of one drum
Reasons for the Recommendations
1. To enable the repainting of one drum.
2. Next year, the Royal Welsh will have the honour of receiving their first colours from the Colonel-in-Chief, Her Majesty The Queen, at a ceremony to be held at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff in the early summer.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. The Council has been asked if it is prepared to sponsor the cost of repainting the drums. The approximate cost is £250 for one drum. See letter attached at appendix 1
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
4. The £250 will be met from the existing Policy Grants budget.
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
5. There are no sustainability and climate change implications arising out of this report.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
6. There are no legal implications arising from this report.
Crime and Disorder Implications
7. There are no Crime and Disorder Implications arising out of this report.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
8. There are no Equal Opportunities Implications arising out of this report.
9. Funding support to Community and Town Council's in accordance with the Council's corporate objectives.
Policy Framework and Budget
10. This is a matter for Executive decision.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
11. No consultation or Ward Member Consultation has taken place as the subject matter of the report is not Ward specific
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
12. Corporate Resources
Tel: 01446 709252.
Director of Resources