Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Cabinet Meeting 3rd November 2014
Report of the Leader
Christmas Grants 2014
Purpose of the Report
1. To seek the views of Cabinet on the award of grants as above.
1. The sum to be made available to each Town / Community Council that apply for Christmas CASH funding 2014 will be £475.
2. The per capita sum to be made available to pensioner and similar organisations that apply for Christmas Lunches 2014 will be £4.25
Reasons for the Recommendations
1-2 To award grants in accordance with the approved scheme.
2. In previous years Town / Community Councils have been requested to submit suitable "Christmas feature" projects for CASH funding, and pensioner and similar organisations have been invited to apply for financial assistance towards provision of a Christmas lunch for their members.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. In respect of Christmas CASH, a sum of £475 as last year be made available to Town / Community Councils. The total cost of this grant is estimated at £12,350 per annum.
4. In respect of pensioner and similar organisations Christmas lunches, a sum of £4.25 per capita as last year be made available. The total estimated cost of this grant is £9,400 per annum.
5. The responsibility for approving the allocation of CASH grants has been delegated to the Director of Resources in consultation with the relevant Cabinet Member.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
6. Financial provision has been made for grants within the policy revenue budget 2014/15.
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
7. There are no sustainability and climate change implications.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
8. There are no direct legal implications arising from this report.
Crime and Disorder Implications
9. The funding of the voluntary sector should assist in increasing social inclusion and reducing crime.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
10. The core eligibility criteria, provided to all applicants, provides that all organisations seeking funding must actively promote equal opportunities in their operations and service delivery.
11. The proposals are in accordance with the corporate priorities of the Council.
Policy Framework and Budget
12. This is a matter for Executive decision by the Cabinet.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
13. No consultation has taken place.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
14. Corporate Resources
Grant application forms.
Tel: 01446 709252