Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Cabinet Meeting: 28 November, 2014
Report of the Leader
Precept Payment Dates 2015-16
Purpose of the Report
1. To seek approval for the precept payment dates for 2015-16.
1. That payment due to the Police and Crime Commissioner for South Wales be paid in 12 equal instalments on the last working day of each month.
2. That payment due to Town and Community Councils be paid in 3 equal instalments on the last working days of April, August and December 2015.
Reasons for the Recommendations
1-2 The dates are determined to optimise the Council’s cash flow in line with the regulations. The Council is required to determine its precept payment dates each year and inform the authorities concerned in line with the regulations.
2. The Council as billing authority is required to notify Precepting Authorities by 31 December 2014 of the proposed precept payment dates for 2015-16.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. It is proposed that arrangements for Precepting Authorities be the same as in the current year.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
Crime and Disorder Implications
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
8. The setting of the determination of precept payment days supports the Corporate Priority of managing the Council’s money efficiently and effectively in order to maximise its ability to achieve service aims and the service objective of providing sound financial management
Policy Framework and Budget
9. The matter is for Executive decision.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
10. No change has been proposed and the matter has not been subject to consultation.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
11. Corporate Resources
Revenues and Benefits Manager
Council Tax Manager
Head of Finance