The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Cabinet Meeting: 11 January 2016
Report of the Leader
Cabinet Forward Work Programme - January to April 2016
Purpose of the Report
- To inform Members of the Forward Work Programme of the Cabinet / Council for the period January to April 2016.
- THAT Cabinet agree the Cabinet Forward Work Programme for the period January to April 2016.
Reasons for the Recommendations
- To comply with the requirements of the Local Government Act 2000, subordinate legislation and the Council's Constitution.
- In accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 2000 and the Council's Constitution, the Cabinet Forward Work Programme attached as Appendix (A), sets out matters which the Executive and Full Council are likely to consider during January to April 2016.
- The Forward Work Programme shall contain information on:
- The timetable for considering the budget and any plans forming part of the Policy Framework and requiring Council approval, and which body is to consider them.
- The timetable for considering any plans which are the responsibility of the Executive.
- Any individual matters which the Executive intends to consult in advance of taking any decision and the timetable for consultation and decision.
Relevant Issues and Options
- Consideration will be given to publish future Cabinet Forward Work Programmes on an annual basis to run in line with the Council's municipal year. It is envisaged that the first annual programme will run from May 2016 - April 2017, and will continue to include quarterly work programme and update reports to Cabinet. This will ensure clear correlation with the programming of the work of Scrutiny Committees.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
- There are no direct implications as a result of the report.
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications.
- None applicable to this report.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
- The preparation/publication of Forward Work Programmes complies with the requirements of the Local Government Act 2000, subordinate legislation and the Council's Constitution.
Crime and Disorder Implications
- There are no direct implications as a result of this report.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
- None applicable to this report
- The publication of a Forward Work Programme is an important element of the Council meeting its corporate/service objectives and maximising consultation with interested parties.
Policy Framework and Budget
- This report is a matter for Executive decision by the Cabinet.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
- Consultation with Scrutiny and other Committee is indicated in the Programme.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
- All Scrutiny Committees.
Local Government Act 2000
Council Consultation: October 2002
Mark Petherick (Cabinet Officer)
Corporate Management Team