Agenda Item No. 10(c)
THE VALE OF GLAMORGAN COUNCIL
COUNCIL MEETING: 24 JUNE 2015
REFERENCE FROM CABINET: 27 APRIL 2015
C2754 INTERIM SENIOR MANAGEMENT ARRANGEMENTS (L) (SCRUTINY COMMITTEES – CORPORATE RESOURCES, ECONOMY AND ENVIRONMENT, HOUSING AND PUBLIC PROTECTION) -
Cabinet was asked to consider interim management arrangements for the Development Services Directorate from the 1 May, 2015.
On 25 March, 2015 the Council ratified the appointment of the current Director of Development Services as Managing Director. The appointment would take effect from 1 May, 2015.
Consideration however, needed to be given to ensure interim senior management cover arrangements were in place in the Development Services Directorate from 1 May 2015.
In accordance with the above it was proposed that, as an interim measure, the current Director of Visible Services and Housing assumed temporary management responsibility for the Development Services Directorate from 1 May, 2015 (together with the associated functions and delegations of the Director of Development Services).
Such responsibility would be undertaken alongside the current responsibilities of the Director of Visible Services and Housing pending a more substantive review of senior management arrangements.
This interim arrangement would mean that the following additional officers would report to the Director of Visible Services and Housing for the interim period:-
- Head of Shared Regulatory Services
- Operational Manager - Development Control
- Operational Manager - Planning and Transportation Policy
- Operational Manager - Countryside and Economic Projects
- Operational Manager - Leisure and Tourism
- Major Project Managers - Project Management Unit
- Business Support Officer - Development Services.
This was a matter for Executive decision
(1) T H A T the interim management arrangements for the Development Services Directorate as set out in paragraphs 4 to 8 of the report following the appointment of the current Director as Managing Director from 1 May, 2015 be approved.
(2) That recommendation 1 above be dealt with under Article 13.09 of the Council's Constitution (Urgent Decision Procedure) in order for the arrangements to take effect from 1 May, 2015.
Reasons for decisions
(1) To ensure interim management arrangements for the Development Services Directorate from 1 May, 2015 and pending consideration of more substantive restructuring proposals.
(2) To ensure that management arrangements and the necessary delegations were in place from 1 May, 2015.