Agenda Item No. 12(a)
THE VALE OF GLAMORGAN COUNCIL
COUNCIL MEETING: 27 APRIL 2016
REFERENCE FROM CABINET: 14 MARCH 2016
C3123 THE TREATMENT OF BiodegradableMUNICIPAL WASTE TENDER ACCEPTANCE (VLS) (EXEMPT INFORMATION – PARAGRAPH 14) (SCRUTINY COMMITTEE – ECONOMY AND ENVIRONMENT) -
Approval was sought to re-appoint a service provider for the treatment of biodegradable municipal waste following completion of a competitive tendering exercise.
This was a matter for Executive decision
Cabinet, having considered the report and all the issues and implications contained therein
(1) T H A T the appointment of Cowbridge Compost Limited to treat biodegradable municipal waste arising within the Council from 1 April, 2016 to 31 March, 2017 with the option to extend, in monthly intervals, to 31 March, 2018 be approved.
(2) T H A T the Director of Environment and Housing Services be granted delegated authority in consultation with Head of Legal Services and the Cabinet Member for Visible Services and Leisure to enter into a formal Contract with Cowbridge Compost Ltd.
(3) T H A T the use of article 14.14 of the Council's Constitution (urgent decision procedure) be authorised to enable the new contract to commence on 1 April, 2016.
Reasons for decisions
(1) To enable the Vale of Glamorgan Council to enter into a Contract for the Treatment of Biodegradable Municipal Waste for the period from 1 April, 2016 to 31 March, 2017, with the option to extend, in monthly intervals, to 31 March, 2018.
(2) To allow officers to contact bidders with the relevant letter and advise the current service provider; Cowbridge Compost Limited of the decision and the service commencement date of the 1 April, 2016.
(3) To permit the new contract to start at 1 April, 2016.