Agenda Item No. 13(c)
THE VALE OF GLAMORGAN COUNCIL
COUNCIL MEETING: 28 SEPTEMBER 2016
REFERENCE FROM CABINET: 5 SEPTEMBER 2016
C3290 CEMETERY ROAD PARK SCHEME – AWARD OF CONTRACT FOR MAIN WORKS (VLRS) (EXEMPT INFORMATION – PARAGRAPH 14) (SCRUTINY COMMITTEE – ENVIRONMENT AND REGENERATION) -
Approval and delegations were sought to allow the award of the main works contract for the Cemetery Road Park Scheme.
This was a matter for Executive decision
Cabinet, having considered the report and all the issues and implications contained therein
(1) T H A T the main works contract for the delivery of the park scheme at Cemetery Road, Barry be awarded to Ground Control Ltd under the provisions of a JCLI Landscape Works contract at a value of £418,920.98.
(2) T H A T delegated authority be granted to the Head of Legal Services, in consultation with the Director of Environment and Housing Services, the Managing Director, the Leader and the Cabinet Member for Visible, Leisure and Regulatory Services, following written agreement by the Barry Town Council as co-funders of the scheme, to execute, sign and seal the works agreement and to provide an appropriate Letter of Intent in advance of the contract form to enable mobilisation of the works to site.
(3) T H A T the use of article 14.14 of the Council's Constitution (urgent decision procedure) be authorised in respect of resolutions 1 and 2 above.
Reasons for decisions
(1) To enable the contract award.
(2) To provide delegated authority to enter into the works contract and provide an appropriate Letter of Intent to allow mobilisation of the works.
(3) To enable the contract award without delay in order to allow mobilisation of works at the site as soon as possible in an effort to avoid the works programme running into the winter season