Agenda Item No. 7(c)
THE VALE OF GLAMORGAN COUNCIL
COUNCIL MEETING: 25 APRIL 2018
REFERENCE FROM CABINET: 16 APRIL 2018
C291 MICROSOFT LICENCE RENEWAL 2018 – 2021 (L) (SCRUTINY COMMITTEE – CORPORATE PERFORMANCE AND RESOUCES) -
Approval was sought for delegated powers to award a contract for the supply of licenses of Microsoft Software.
This was a matter for Executive decision
Cabinet, having considered the report and all the issues and implications contained therein
(1) T H A T delegated authority be granted to the Managing Director in consultation with the Leader to award the tender to the winning supplier before the end of April 2018 to avoid the indicative price rise of Microsoft licences of between 220% and 350%.
(2) T H A T delegated authority be granted to the Head of Legal Services in consultation with the Head of Finance to enter into a contract with the successful tenderer for the provision of Microsoft Licenses.
(3) T H A T a new contract be awarded on the most economically advantageous terms to the Council based on 100% cost.
(4) T H A T the use of the Council’s (Urgent Decision Procedure) Section 14.14 of the Council's Constitution be authorised in respect of resolutions 1-3 above.
Reasons for decisions
(1) To allow the award of the contract.
(2) To have an appropriate contract in place for the provision of Microsoft Licenses.
(3) To have an appropriate contract in place for the cost effective supply of Microsoft Licenses.
(4) To enable the Council to tender the work in a timely manner.