Agenda Item No. 8(b)
THE VALE OF GLAMORGAN COUNCIL
COUNCIL MEETING: 18 JULY 2018
REFERENCE FROM CABINET: 30 APRIL 2018
C292a Webcasting Equipment (L) (Scrutiny Committee - Corporate Performance and Resources) -
Cabinet was apprised of the current condition of the Council's webcasting equipment, and approval was sought for authorisation to undertake a tendering process in respect of its update / replacement.
This was a matter for Executive decision
Cabinet, having considered the report and all the issues and implications contained therein
(1) T H A T the replacement of the existing webcasting equipment be approved.
(2) T H A T delegated authority be granted to the Head of Finance to approve the issue of tenders for the supply of Webcast Equipment.
(3) T H A T delegated authority be granted to the Head of Finance, in consultation with the Leader and the Managing Director, to accept the most economically advantageous tender for the replacement of the Council's webcasting equipment and the support of such, for a period of 3 years.
(5) T H A T the Urgent Decision Procedure under section 14.14 of the Council's Constitution be authorised in respect of recommendations (1) to (3).
Reasons for decisions
(1) To ensure the Council's webcasting equipment was "fit for purpose".
(2&3) To have an appropriate contract in place for the supply of webcast equipment
(5) To enable a new replacement system to be sourced and installed by the end of the Summer recess.