Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Planning Committee: 13th February 2014
Report of the Managing Director
Vacancy on Public Rights of Way Sub-Committee
Purpose of the Report
1. To appoint a Member to the Public Rights of Way Sub-Committee following the resignation of Councillor Mrs. M.R. Wilkinson from the Planning Committee.
That consideration be given to the appointment of one Member, representing Labour, to the Public Rights of Way Sub-Committee.
Reason for the Recommendation
To facilitate decision-making.
2. The Public Rights of Way Sub-Committee was appointed by the Planning Committee on 6th June 2013 comprising 5 Members (2 Labour, 1 Conservative, 1 Plaid Cymru and 1 Llantwit Major First Independents).
Relevant Issues and Options
3. Councillor Mrs. M.R. Wilkinson has resigned her membership of the Planning Committee which means that a vacancy now exists on the Public Rights of way Sub-Committee.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
Crime and Disorder Implications
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
Policy Framework and Budget
10. This is a matter for determination by the Planning Committee.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
11. This is an internal matter and, therefore, no external consultation was necessary.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
12. Economy and Environment.
The Local Authorities (Executive Arrangements) (Functions and Responsibilities) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2009
Report to Council: 9th December 2009
Report to Planning Committee: 7th January 2010.
Mr. C. Hope, Tel: (01446) 709855, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Siân Davies, Managing Director