Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Planning Committee: 12th May, 2016
Report of the Managing Director
Public Rights of Way Sub-Committee
Purpose of the Report
- To seek agreement to the reappointment of the Public Rights of Way Sub-Committee and appointment of the Sub-Committee membership.
- That the Public Rights of Way Sub-Committee, comprising 5 Members (2 Labour, 1 Conservative, 1 Plaid Cymru and 1 Independent), be reappointed.
- That the Planning Committee appoints the membership of the Public Rights of Way Sub-Committee for the municipal year 2016-2017.
Reason for the Recommendations
To facilitate decision-making.
- The Committee is required to reappoint any Sub-Committees required at its first meeting of the municipal year.
Relevant Issues and Options
- At the Annual Meeting of Council on 11th May, 2016 it has been recommended that the Quasi-Judicial Committees and other bodies, together with their Terms of Reference, be appointed for the ensuing Municipal year, this includes the Terms of Reference for the Planning Sub-Committee (Public Rights of Way).There are no changes proposed to the Terms of Reference of the Sub-Committee.
- The Planning Committee approved a revised Procedural Note for the Public Rights of Way Sub-Committee, which included the provision for public speaking, at its meeting on 12th March, 2015. These documents are attached for information to this report at Appendices A and B respectively.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
Crime and Disorder Implications
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
Policy Framework and Budget
- This is a matter for determination by the Planning Committee.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
- This is an internal matter and, therefore, no external consultation was necessary.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
- Environment and Regeneration.
Report to Planning Committee: 12th March 2015
Report to Annual Meeting: 11th May 2016 - Quasi-Judicial Committees and Other Bodies: Appointment, Terms of Reference and Membership
Mrs. L. Mills, Tel: (01446) 709144
Jeff Wyatt, Operational Manager Democratic Services
Committee Reports - Legal Services
Rob Thomas, Managing Director