Agenda Item No. 8
THE VALE OF GLAMORGAN COUNCIL
SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING): 18 MAY 2015
REFERENCE FROM CABINET: 27 APRIL 2015
C2757 CENTRAL SOUTH CONSORTIUM BUSINESS PLAN 2015/16 (CSS) (SCRUTINY COMMITTEE – LIFELONG LEARNING) -
Cabinet was informed of the Business Plan of the Central South Consortium. The Business Plan was attached at Appendix A to the report.
The Joint Committee of the Central South Consortium agreed a business plan for 2015/16 at its meeting on 26 March, 2015. The business plan set out the Central South Wales Challenge vision, priorities of the consortium, operating model, budget and performance monitoring arrangements.
The business plan evaluated progress in 2014/15 and included information about educational outcomes which had improved at every key stage on most outcome measures across the consortium and in individual authorities since 2012. It included information about progress of the first year of the Central South Wales challenge including:
- The launch of the 3 School Improvement Groups (SIGs) to engage all schools to identify and build joint practice development.
- The launch of two rounds of pathfinders including 60 schools.
- The pilot of a 'peer review' leadership model.
- The launch of the 'hubs' programme whereby schools provide quality assured and accredited programmes of support to other schools.
The business plan reiterated the targeted areas for improvement and incorporated updated targets for 2015/16 and 2016/17 for attainment and attendance.
At the meeting the Leader highlighted that paragraph 2 of the report under background information should read as follows;
"The Joint Committee of the Central South Consortium agreed a draft business plan for 2015/16 at its meeting on 26th March. The Business Plan is attached as Appendix A".
This was a matter for Executive decision
(1) T H A T the draft Central South Consortium Business Plan for 2015/16 attached at Appendix A to the report be noted.
(2) T H A T the draft Central South Consortium Business Plan for 2015/16 be referred to the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning) for consideration.
Reasons for decisions
(1) To note the contents of the draft Central South Consortium Business Plan for 2015/16.
(2) To inform the Scrutiny Committee of the contents of the draft Central South Consortium Business Plan for 2015/16.
Attached as Appendix – Report to Cabinet – 27 APRIL 2015