Agenda Item No 7
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Standards Committee: 13th July 2017
Report of the Monitoring Officer
Vale of Glamorgan ICT Code of Conduct
Purpose of the Report
- To apprise Committee of the Vale of Glamorgan Council's ICT Code of Conduct and the document "Using Information Technology at the Council".
That the Standards Committee note the Vale of Glamorgan Council's ICT Code of Conduct dated April 2016 and the Council's document entitled "Using Information Technology at the Council" dated April 2017.
Reason for the Recommendation
To inform Committee of the contents of the document.
- At the last meeting of the Standards Committee, it was agreed that the Vale of Glamorgan ICT Code of Conduct be presented to the Standards Committee for its information in order that the parameters for the use of ICT equipment could be considered.
- All Members of the Council have also been requested to agree to the terms of the ICT Code of Conduct which has been distributed via e-mail to members in the form of a meta compliance. Meta compliance is a tool used to make compliance with policies / strategies easier to manage and track.
Relevant Issues and Options
- A copy of the ICT Code of Conduct can be found at Appendix 1, together with a copy of the document "Using Information Technology at the Council" at Appendix 2 to this report for Committee's consideration.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
- None as a direct result of this report.
Crime and Disorder Implications
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
- This report relates to the role of the Standards Committee to promote and maintain high standards of conduct of Members, as detailed in the Council's Constitution.
Policy Framework and Budget
- This is a matter for decision by the Standards Committee.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
- The report does not involve any consultation with other parties.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
Mrs. Karen Bowen, Democratic and Scrutiny Services Officer, Tel: (01446) 709756
Ms. D. Marles, Monitoring Officer