Agenda Item No 6
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Welsh Church Act Estate Committee 23rd January 2017
Report of the Managing Director
Applications for Financial Assistance 2016/17
Purpose of the Report
- To consider applications for financial assistance funded from the Welsh Church Act Estate
That committee considers and approves the applications for grant assistance as set out at Appendix A to this report.
Reason for the Recommendation
In furtherance of the objectives of the trust.
- The Welsh Church Act Estate Committee has delegated authority to manage in accordance with "The Scheme" the Welsh Church Act Estate as vested in the Council.
- The purposes for which the Welsh Church Act fund may make grants is set out in summary at Appendix B to this report.
- The applications received are set out in Appendix A to this report.
Relevant Issues and Options
- Appendix A to this report sets out a summary of the applications to be considered.
- Appendix C to this report sets out the fund's revenue estimates for the current financial year.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
- The sum of £49,450 has been provided for grants in the Trust's revenue estimates for 2016/17. Grants allocated in July 2016 totalled £17,750 and a further balance of £13,200 was allocated in October 2016 which leaves a balance of £18,500 to be allocated during 2016/17.
- It is proposed that a further allocation of £18,500 is made for applications for grant assistance as set out at Appendix A to this report.
Sustainability and Climate Change implications
- There are no sustainability and climate change implications.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
- There are no direct legal implications arising from this report.
Crime and Disorder Implications
- The funding of the voluntary sector should assist in increasing social inclusion and reducing crime
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
- The charitable purposes for which the fund may be applied are set out in the "scheme for the administration of the trust". Applicants are asked to indicate how they will address equal opportunities and how they will demonstrate this.
- The sole concern of the committee is to act in the best interest of the Trust
Policy Framework and Budget
- Not applicable
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
- Not applicable
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
Letters of application and grant application forms
Directorate of Resources