Rhoose Community Facilities
Consultation on how to allocate section 106 funding for community facilities in Rhoose
As part of the planning applications process, the Council secured Section 106 contributions for community facilities from recent developments in Rhoose. They are:
- £86,876 from land south of the railway line (received, expires 30 July 2020);
- £8,164.28 from the site to the rear of Tesco, Mariners way (received, expires 31 August 2021;
- £2,552.00 from plot 1, 90 Fontygary Road (received, expires 4 October 2021);
- £2,552.00 from plot 2, 90 Fontygary Road (received, expires 4 October 2021);
- £343,009 from land north-west of the railway line (expected 2019, upon completion of 150th dwelling)
The agreements legally outline what the funding can be used for.
A public consultation was held between September and November 2017 to determine how to allocate the above funding. The consultation report provides full details on the responses to the consultation and the reccomendations.
Following feedback from the first consultation the initial tranche of Section 106 monies were used to:
- Upgrade Ceri Road Play Area;
- Upgrade Celtic Way tennis courts in to a multi use games area;
- Support a Welsh Hearts Defibrillator;
- Support Rhoose Community Cinema;
- Support a Community Grant Scheme to allow different groups such as the Library, Scouts, Homework Club, the Church and play schools etc. to access funding for small projects (up to the value of £1k per application) to be implemented as part of the Strong Communities Grant Fund procedure. To date the projects approved are:
- £983 spent on hall tables for Rhoose Community Centre
We welcome further projects to come forward for this grant, there is over £9,000 remaining.
We recognise time has gone by since the first consultation and so we invite residents and local community groups to attend a drop-in session to discuss any ideas you may have for the second tranche of Section 106 money.
- Drop-in session - Friday 5 July, 4:30pm - 6:30pm, Rhoose Community Centre, Stewart Road.
Charlotte Pugh, Senior Planner - responsible for Section 106.