Vale of Glamorgan Council's Improvement Objectives for 2016/17
Challenging targets have been set against all measures for improvement, reflecting the Council's commitment to continuously improve the services it provides. At the same time, the Council is also mindful of significant financial and service demand pressures over the coming year and key targets and milestones for proposed improvement objectives have been set within this context.
Proposed improvement objectives for the coming year:
- Reduce poverty and social exclusion
- Promoting regeneration, economic growth and employment
- Raising overall standards of achievement
- Encouraging and promoting active and healthy lifestyles
- Deliver the Council's transformational programme, 'Reshaping Services' to meet the future needs of citizens of the Vale of Glamorgan, within the context of unprecedented financial challenges.