Registered Properties and Businesses
This list provides information on all liabilities within the current financial year. The list will be updated quarterly.
The information provided is accurate as at the date it was generated and will not reflect changes made after this date.
- This list provides information on all liabilities within the current financial year, multiple liabilities at the same property will be identified using Column A, (propref) and the most recent liability can be found by searching on Column H (liable from). If the same rate payer is present there may have been a period of empty rates applied; they are considered different liabilities under Sections 43 and 45 Local Government Finance Act 1988.
- Names of Sole Traders have been redacted and will not appear in Columns B or C, Account Holder 1 and Account Holder 2 respectively.
- The address provided is the hereditament address. Correspondence addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses are not provided as we are unable to categorically differentiate between personal and business data.
- The liable from date provided in Column H will be the start date of the liability, this does not necessarily indicate that the property was occupied from that date; empty rates may have been levied. This column can be used to establish new occupant information as it reflects the start date of liability. Compare this information with the empty list below to establish whether occupied / unoccupied.
- The gross annual rate is not provided, you can calculate this by multiplying the Rateable Value (RV) shown in Column I by the Welsh Assembly’s multiplier for this year by the Rateable Value (RV) shown in Column I.
- The level of any reliefs or discounts are provided between columns J and N and the charged amount (Column O) is net of any relief/discounts.
The figure in Column N reflects awards made under the High Street and Retails Relief Scheme (HSRR) and for 2020/21 the Retail, Leisure and Hospitality Rates Relief Scheme (RLHRR). The maximum award of HSRR is £2,500. The RLHRR was created by Welsh Government as a response to the Coronavirus outbreak, further information can be found on the Business Wales website. Please note that only a net figure is provided on this report.
- The property description in Column P refers to the Valuation Offices Records, it may not necessarily reflect the use of the hereditament
- Column Q relates to the exemption to Empty Property rate if the property was empty and the following codes apply:
IP – Industrial Property
LD – Land
LB – Listed Building
CH – Charities
TM – Telecommunication Masts
Empty properties below the minimal RV threshold of £2,600 do not have an indicator. The separately published empty property list will need to be sorted in RV order to establish whether they benefit from exemption to empty rates