Vacancies for Panel Chair / Vice Chair & Panel Members
Are you interested in becoming a Panel Chair / Vice Chair or a Panel Member for the Vale of Glamorgan Fostering panel?
The panel meets at least once a month for half a day or a whole day. Meetings are usually held in the Docks Office, Barry. The panel considers the suitability of new foster carers and the ongoing suitability of existing foster carers.
Essential criteria for Panel Chair/Vice Chair includes…
- Experience of chairing complex meetings.
- Experience, either professionally or personally or both, of the placement of children in foster families and of children being cared for away from their birth family.
- An understanding of the purpose and function of the panel and of the agency, which the panel is serving.
- An understanding of the fostering process and practice and of the legislative framework for the work of the panel, or the capacity to develop this knowledge quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
Essential criteria for Panel Member includes…
- To read the circulated papers carefully before the meeting, and to attend the meeting prepared to raise issues and to contribute to the panel discussion.
- To take responsibility for participating in the making of a recommendation, on each case, drawing on both personal and professional knowledge and experience.
- Experience, either professionally or personally or both, of the placement of children in foster families or of children being cared for away from their birth family.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- The ability to read, process and analyse large amounts of complex and sometimes distressing information.
Job Descriptions can be viewed here:
Contact us at any time to express an interest.