The Enforcement Agent Code of Conduct tells our Enforcement Agents how they should behave when they collect outstanding Council Tax or Business Rates.
This code complies with the National Standards for Enforcement Agents.
Taking Control of Goods Costs
The Taking Control of Goods (Fees) Regulations 2014 - Enforcement Fees Regulation 4 Table 1
Control of goods cost
| Fee Stage|| Fixed Fee || Fee for sum exceeding £1,500|
| Compliance Stage
| Enforcement Stage
| Sale or Disposal Stage
We make special efforts to be sensitive to vulnerable people. We will use special collectors in these cases if necessary. Vulnerable people are defined as:
- those suffering from a mental handicap or mental confusion
- the long-term sick or those suffering from serious illness or frailty;
- people who are deaf or blind, or have limited sight or hearing
- those who have suffered a recent bereavement in the family or in the household;
If you have been contacted by a Enforcement Agent and you fall into one of the categories shown above, please contact the Revenues Division immediately.
However hard we try, occasionally things go wrong. Please help us to put them right.
You may want to complain if you think:
- we have not treated you fairly
- we have not treated you politely
- we have not done something you think we should have done, or
- we have done something badly
Please write to: Director of Resources, Civic Offices, Holton Road, Barry CF63 4RU.
We will investigate all complaints and send you a written reply within 10 working days.
We provide a friendly and professional "one-stop" service for all your Revenues or Housing & Council Tax Benefit enquiries. Please drop in between, Monday to Thursday - 9.00am - 4.30pm, Friday, 9:00am - 4:00pm at the Civic Offices, Holton Road, Barry.
Phone us between 8:45am - 4:30pm Monday to Thursday and 8:45am - 4:00pm on Friday.
| Council Tax
| Non-Domestic Rates
|Housing & Council Tax Benefit
Home Visits (daytime only)
For those who can't visit please call the above numbers and we may be able to arrange a home visit in special circumstances