Transferring Primary Schools

Should parents decide that they wish to pursue an application for an alternative school, the School Transfer Form should be submitted to the School Admissions Section for consideration.


As many schools in the Vale are oversubscribed, a child should not be removed from a school unless a new place has been confirmed.


The LA does not encourage transfer between schools, and a change of school mid-term can seriously disrupt the continuity of a child's education. If parents feel that a problem at school is so serious as to necessitate a change, you are urged to take all reasonable steps to resolve the issue with the school at first, and then to seek advice from the admissions section  if necessary, before applying for a transfer.


School Transfer Form

To apply for a school transfer please complete a School Transfer Form and return to the School Admissions Section for consideration:



Please send completed forms to:
The Vale of Glamorgan Council

Learning & Skills

School Access & Organisation

Civic Offices

Holton Road


CF63 4RU


or alternatively email:



Please Note: Where parents knowingly give false information in order to obtain the advantage of a particular school for their child to which they would not otherwise be entitled, the council reserves the right to withdraw the offer of a place. Parents may render themselves guilty of an offence under Section 5(b) of the Perjury Act 1911.