Notice of Meeting LEARNING AND CULTURE SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 18TH SEPTEMBER, 2017 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES, BARRY
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 17 July 2017.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
4. Children and Young People’s Services Annual Placement Review – Healthy Living and Social Care Scrutiny Committee: 10th July, 2017.
5. Corporate Safeguarding Annual Report 2016/17 – Cabinet: 31st July, 2017.
Report of the Director of Learning and Skills -
6. Governor Training Report for the 2016/17 Academic Year.
7. Key Stage 3 Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) and Education Other Than at School (EOTAS) – Cabinet: 4th September, 2017.
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills –
8. Quarter 1 (2017-18) Performance Monitoring: An Aspirational and Culturally Vibrant Vale.
(Members are reminded to inform the Democratic and Scrutiny Services Section by no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting if they require officer attendance for Performance Monitoring)
Reports of the Managing Director –
9. Co-ordinated Scrutiny of the Central South Consortium Joint Education Service.
10. Scrutiny Committees’ Draft Annual Report 2016/17.
[View Minute] [View Supplementary Information Tabled at Meeting]
11. 1st Quarter 2017/18 Decision Tracking and Updated Forward Work Programme.
12. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
13. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
11th September, 2017
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee Chairman: Councillor L. Burnett;
Vice-Chairman: Councillor A. Hampton;
Councillors: Ms. R.M. Birch, B.T. Gray, N.P. Hodges, M. Lloyd, M.J.G. Morgan, Mrs. J.M. Norman, Ms. S.D. Perkes and Mrs. M. Wright
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Vacant (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector)
Mrs. J. Lynch-Wilson (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Vacant (Welsh Medium Education).
Mr N. Want (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Free Churches).