The Vale of Glamorgan Council has published this list of information of organisations in an effort to provide a central reference point for individuals or organisations that may benefit from using these organisations. Please note that the Vale of Glamorgan Council has not made any independent enquiries in relation to the organisations included in this list. The Vale of Glamorgan Council has not quality assured any organisation listed in this directory.
The Vale of Glamorgan Council has not carried out any independent checks of any of the individuals employed by or undertaken any tasks on behalf of any of the organisations included in this list. It is the responsibility of any individual or organisation to ensure that the service provided by any organisation included in the list is appropriate and suitable for their needs. The Vale of Glamorgan Council recommends that parents and young people or agencies working with families ascertain the following information prior to working with any organisation:
- Do the staff in the organisation hold a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check?
- Does the organisation have child protection procedures in place?
- Does the organisation hold appropriate public liability insurance?
- Have premises been health and safety risk assessed?
- Does the organisation have a worker who is first aid qualified?
- Is the organisation staff appropriately trained and qualified for the service they are providing?
- Does the organisation belong to an appropriate national association or professional body?
- Does the provision hold a quality assurance mark from a governing or professional body?
- Has the organisation been inspected by a recognised external body e.g. ESTYN?
- Does the organisation have a complaints procedure?