Sustainability Grants for Registered Childcare Settings
Vale of Glamorgan Early Years Development & Childcare Partnership (EYDCP) Grants to non-statutory organisations 2016/17
The Vale of Glamorgan EYDCP has set aside funding for this financial year 2016/17 for grants to registered childcare providers. The most recent Childcare Sufficiency Assessment was carried out during 2013/14 in line with the Childcare Act 2006 and an annual review was carried out in 2014/15 and 2015/16.
The 2015/16 review highlighted little change from the previous year’s review but the Early Years and Childcare Partnership continue to be committed to supporting childcare settings in the Vale of Glamorgan.
The grant funding available for 2016/17 has been reduced due to budget constraints.
Please note: this grant is not an annual entitlement; it is available to support those childcare settings in greatest need.
Pease read the criteria carefully before applying for a grant as not every registered provision will be entitled to a grant.
Please note the following. Those settings not eligible:
- Providers who were late returning or failed to complete an acceptable end of grant report during 2015/16.
- Childminders who have received a start-up grant within the past twelve months
- Flying Start childcare settings (except Childminders)
- Those showing significant profit/reserves
- Those settings belonging to a Franchise
- Additional childminders operating from the same premises i.e. one application per household
- Childcare providers, at the time of application, who are in the process of setting up their business
N.B. Due to the introduction of the Out of School Childcare Grants, Out of School providers will no longer be eligible to apply for this grant.
If you are interested in applying for a sustainability grant (setting or Childminder), you can either download the appropriate application and guidance notes or it can be e-mailed to you. Alternatively they can be collected in person or posted out (please note: this process may take 5 – 7 working days).
Completed applications must be received by the Children’s Partnership Co-ordinator no later than Friday 10th June 2016 at 12:00pm. Late applications will not be considered. Contact: