Place a hold online
It has never been simpler to reserve a library item
What you will need
To place a hold online you will first need to obtain a PIN number from your local library, please ask staff at your nearest library to allocate one to you.
Once you have received your PIN you're all set to start placing holds online via our online catalogue.
How to place a hold online
- Click on Log In in the menu at the top of the screen
- Enter your Library card number and your PIN.
- Click Log In.
- Your name and a welcome message should now appear at the top of the screen.
- Search for the item on which you wish to place a hold.
- When you have found the desired item in the list of search results, click Place Hold to the right of the item.
- A dialogue box will appear, check the pickup location is correct (this will be your home branch by default). If not, click on the location and select your preferred branch from the drop down menu.
- Click Place Hold(s).
- A message should appear confirming your hold was placed successfully and you should click OK.
- To view the status of your holds at any time, click on My Account listed at the top of the screen.
- Then click on the Holds tab.
- A list of your holds will appear.
- From this list you can view the status of your holds or you can edit the pick-up point, suspend the hold date or delete the hold entirely.
- Remember to click Log off at the end of your session.