The medical advisor may take account of the following circumstances:
Homes4U will consider your request for an extra bedroom for a medical reason if:
- You have a full-time carer
- Receive Higher Disability Allowance (care component)
- Higher Attendance Allowance.
In addition, you must:
- Need an extra room
- Have a serious illness that requires you to have your own room
- Use specialized medical equipment and need a storage room
If you find it hard to manage the stairs in your home, the recommendation may be that you are considered for priority ground-floor housing only.
In such cases you would be visited at home to establish the level of your housing need and to determine if you have any specific housing requirements.