Licences and permits issued by the Vale of Glamorgan Council.


The Vale of Glamorgan Council Licensing Services is responsible for the licensing of a wide variety of activities, events and services, most of which we encounter during our day-to-day life.


The EU Services Directive makes it easier for service providers, particularly small and medium-sized enterprises, to offer their services to customers in other EU countries, whether establishing elsewhere in the EU or providing services remotely from the UK. EU Service Directive Licences are marked 'EU'.


There are also a number of licences managed by Environmental Health, Trading Standards and Highways.


Please note: Licences are managed by a number of different departments and services, please check the chosen licence page for the relevant contact details


Shared Regulatory Services - Hospitality Sector Guidance



Under the Licensing Act 2003, the Council as a licensing authority is required to publish a Statement of Licensing Policy setting out, amongst other issues, its policy on granting applications for new premises licences. The Council is required to review this statement at least every 5 years. This consultation is to inform the policy for the next five year period 2021 to 2026.


View here


How to respond

This consultation will begin on 17/03/2021 and end on 26/05/2021

You can respond or ask further questions in the following ways:


Post: Licensing Section, Vale of Glamorgan Council, Civic Offices, Holton Road, Barry, CF63 4RU

Alternative formats are also available upon request.




Request Application

Please contact the licensing team to apply for the following licences:

  • Dangerous Wild Animals
  • Explosives (Fireworks etc.)



Public Registers

Public registers are held for certain licences, permits and registrations. Registers are either available online or by appointment to view by contacting the relevant department.


  • Licensing Public Registers

    Public Registers may be viewed by prior appointment.


    Licensing Team

    Civic Offices

    Holton Road


    Vale of Glamorgan

    CF63 4RU


    • 01446 709105

    -Animal Boarding Establishment

    -Approved Venues for Civil Marriage and Civil Partnership

    -Club Premises Certificates – LA03

    -Home Boarding Establishment

    -House to House Collection  




    -Performing Animals

    -Pet Shop


    -Pleasure Boats

    -Premises Licences – LA03

    -Riding Establishment 



    -Sex Establishment

    -Street Collection

    -Street Trading

    -Tattooists, piercing, and electrolysis

    -Temporary Event Notices – LA03


  •  Accessible Vehicles


Should you have a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, Data Protection Act 1998 or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 please visit the Vale of Glamorgan Council FoI Unit for further information.


Licensing Services

Civic Offices

Holton Road


CF63 4RU


  • 01446 709105



Licensing Counter Opening Hours

Closed daily between 12.00pm – 1.00pm


Opening Hours
Mon 8:45am - 12.00pm / 1.00pm - 4:30pm
Tues 8:45am – 12.00pm / Closed PM
Wed 8:45am – 12.00pm / 1.00pm – 4:30pm
Thurs 8:45am – 12.00pm / Closed PM
Fri 8:45am – 12.00pm / 1.00pm – 4:00pm