Annex B - Documents
Annex B contains a list of documents to accompany the application as below; also requirements for the layout plan and documents required to evidence the public notice and service. Documents to accompany the application:
- A site scale plan (1:1250).
- Drawings showing the front elevation as existing
- Drawings showing the front elevation as proposed including proposed signage, advertising and window display
- Planning permission
- Scale layout plan
- Certificate of lawful use or development
- If the Applicant is a company, copies of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company
- If the Applicant is a partnership, a certified copy of the Partnership Deed
- A copy of any other licences for the premises, vehicle, vessel or stall
- Code of Practice for Performers
- Rules for Customers
- Policy for Welfare of Performers
How long does the licence last?
A licence will remain in force for one year or such shorter period specified in the licence as Vale of Glamorgan Council think fit.
Where before the date of expiry of a licence, an application has been made for its renewal, it shall be deemed to remain in force notwithstanding that the date has passed until the withdrawal of the application or its determination by Vale of Glamorgan Council.
Where before the date of expiry of a licence, an application has been made for its transfer, it shall be deemed to remain in force with any necessary modifications until the withdrawal of the application or its determination, notwithstanding that the date has passed or that the person to whom the licence is to be transferred if the application is carrying on the business of the sex establishment.
Rights of entry
Where a warrant is granted by a justice of the peace, a police constable or authorised officer of a local authority may at any reasonable time, enter and inspect any sex establishment in respect of which a licence is for the time being in force with a view to ascertaining various offences.
Transmission and cancellation of licences
In the event of the death of the holder of a licence granted that licence shall be deemed to have been granted to his personal representatives and shall, unless previously revoked, remain in force until the end of the period of 3 months beginning with the death and shall then expire.
The appropriate authority may from time to time on the application of those representatives, extend or further extend the period of three months if the authority are satisfied that the extension is necessary for the purpose of winding up the deceased’s estate and that no other circumstances make it undesirable.
Vale of Glamorgan Council may, at the written request of the holder of a licence cancel the licence.