Cost of Living Support Icon

English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)

Vale Learning Centre

First Floor, Barry Library, King Square, Barry, CF63 4RW

We have many students who study English as another language. If English is not your first language, these courses can help you.


I need English for my visa

You will be able to improve your English with us to help you with work, education and citizenship exams in the UK.


Can I take exams?

You can work to gain Trinity Certificates in speaking and listening, reading and writing from entry level 1 to level 2.  Beginners can complete an Agored Cymru qualification.  We will make sure that you are in a class at a level that is right for you.


When can I start?

You can start at any time. Contact the centre first so we can give you more information about our classes and discuss which course would be best for you.

ESOL learners



Will I have to pay?

Costs vary, most courses are free, but some people may need to pay. 


Please Note: Please bring your passport and visa with you when you visit so you don't pay too much.