Cost of Living Support Icon

Weddings and Civil Partnerships

We are delighted you are considering the Vale of Glamorgan for your special day. The Vale has everything you need to make your day one to truly remember. 



If you’re planning to get married or start a civil partnership, you’ll need to give legal notice at your local register office. If you live in the Vale of Glamorgan, that means that you’ll need to make an appointment to visit the Civic Offices in Barry. This is the case wherever the ceremony will be held. 


You’ll need to bring some documents to your appointment; all of the information can be found here:



Once you have watched the video, and if you live in the Vale of Glamorgan, you can book your appointment to give notive of marriage here:


Book notice of marriage appointment (Vale of Glamorgan residents only)


Please be aware that the law has changed. The minimum age for marriage and civil partnerships raised from 16 to 18 27th February 2023. If you have any questions about this, please contact us on 01446709166 or at


If you haven’t yet decided on a venue, you can find everything you need on our Ceremonies website:


Your Vale Ceremony


And brochure:


Your Special Day in the Vale of Glamorgan