Welsh Governments Vibrant and Viable Places Programme of Investment 2014 - 2017
Welsh Government announced in July 2014 that Barry would receive an investment of £1m over a 3 year period. Funding from the Tackling Poverty Fund would assist the Vale of Glamorgan Council and partners to deliver regeneration projects in Barry.
The following projects are being supported by public, private and third sector investment:
- Glamorgan Voluntary Services, Third Sector Hub
- George Street Play Area Improvements
- Holton Road Grant Programme
- Main Street Grant Programme
- Victoria Gardens Improvements
- Fuel Poverty Reduction Measures
- Dryden Terrace and Meggitt Road Play Area Improvements
- Hatch Quarry Play Area Improvements
- YMCA Barry, Third Sector Youth Partnership and Community Internet Café
Further details regarding the projects can be found on the Welsh Government website.