Building Control

Work with building owners, contractors and professional advisors to help deliver a building that meets the standards of health, safety and quality required by the Building Regulations, on time and within budget.


Pre-application discussions are welcomed and encouraged so that the more complex developments can proceed without any unnecessary delays, please contact: 01446 704609


This can also have a cost saving implication for the developer as early consultation can prevent over specification.


Building Control Prospectus 2018



Online Submissions

Submit building regulation submission forms, documents and plans online via the Building Portal.


Any queries please contact 01446 704842.



Fees and payments for building control can be paid over the phone:

  • 01446 704609 / 01446 704842

    01446 704829 / 01446 700011


Building Control Register

View all Applications that have been submitted to the Council since 1994.


Please note: All Plans, drawings and material submitted to the Council are protected by the Copyright Design and patent Act (Section 47).


Building Control Register



Building Control Guidance

Planning and building regulations guidance for many common building work projects for the home and case studies outlining people's real experience of tackling a number of the projects can be viewed on the Planning Portal's common projects section.




Building Regulations apply in England and Wales and exist principally to ensure the health and safety of people in and around buildings. They also provide for access to and around buildings and energy conservation. 


Building Regulations will probably apply if you intend to:

  • Make structural alterations to an existing building (including underpinning).
  • Change the use of an existing building (in certain cases).
  • Provide, extend or alter drainage facilities.
  • Provision of a space heating or hot water service boiler.
  • Provision of a hot water vessel.
  • Erect a new building or extend an existing building (unless the building or extension is exempt from control under the regulations)
  • Provision of a new window, rooflight, roof window or door (being a door, which together with its frame has more than 50 % of its internal face area glazed).