Notice of Meeting LEARNING AND CULTURE SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 26TH MARCH, 2018 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES, BARRY
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 12th February, 2018.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills –
4. Service Plans 2018-22: Performance and Development; Regeneration and Planning; Strategy, Community Learning and Resources; and Achievement for All.
5. Target Setting for 2018/19.
6. Quarter 3 (2017-18) Performance Monitoring: An Aspirational and Culturally Vibrant Vale.
(Members are reminded to inform the Democratic and Scrutiny Services Section by no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting if they require officer attendance for Performance Monitoring)
7. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April 2017 to 31st January 2018.
8. Proposed Reconfiguration of Primary Provision in the Western Vale – Cabinet: 22nd January, 2018 – to also include a Presentation by Trevor Baker, Head of Strategy, Community Learning and Resources. [View Presentation]
9. Reshaping of Youth Services – Cabinet 19th February, 2018. [View Presentation]
Report of the Head of Democratic Services –
10. Co-opted and Observer Membership of the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee.
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
12. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
19th March, 2018
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee Chairman: Councillor L. Burnett;
Councillors: Ms. R.M. Birch, B.T. Gray, S.J. Griffiths, N.P. Hodges, M. Lloyd, M.J.G. Morgan, Mrs. J.M. Norman, Ms. S.D. Perkes and Mrs. M. Wright.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Mr. A. Rickett (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mrs. J. Lynch-Wilson (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Vacant (Welsh Medium Education).
Mr N. Want (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Free Churches).