Notice of Meeting LEARNING AND CULTURE SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting TUESDAY, 18TH SEPTEMBER, 2018 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES, BARRY
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 17 July 2018.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
4. Corporate Safeguarding Annual Report 2017/18 – Cabinet: 3rd September, 2018.
5. Children and Young People Services - Annual Placement Review – Healthy Living and Social Care Scrutiny Committee: 11th September, 2018. (Reference to follow) [View Reference]
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills –
6. Vale of Glamorgan Annual Report (Improvement Plan Part 2) 2017/18.
7. Summary of School Inspection Report for Summer Term 2018.
8. Governor Training Report for the 2017/18 Academic Year.
Reports of the Managing Director –
9. Scrutiny Committees’ Draft Annual Report May 2017 to April 2018.
10. Overview of the Work of the Central South Consortium Scrutiny Working Group.
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
12. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
11th September, 2018
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. M. Willmott, Tel: 01446 709144
To the Members of the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee Chairman: Councillor L. Burnett;
Vice-Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges;
Councillors: Ms. R.M. Birch, B.T. Gray, S.J. Griffiths, M. Lloyd, M.J.G. Morgan, Mrs. J. Norman, Mrs. R. Nugent-Finn and Mrs,. S. Perkes.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Mr. A. Rickett (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mrs. J. Lynch-Wilson (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. D. Griffith (Welsh Medium Education).
Mr N. Want (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Free Churches).