Notice of Meeting LEARNING AND CULTURE SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting TUESDAY, 17TH JULY, 2018 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES, BARRY
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 19 June 2018.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills –
4. Closure of Accounts 2017/18.
5. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the period 1st April to 31st May, 2018.
6. Schools Admission Forum Representative.
Report of the Managing Director –
7. 1st Quarter Scrutiny Decision Tracking of Recommendations and Updated Work Programme Schedule 2018/19.
8. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
9. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
10th July, 2018
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. M. Willmott, Tel: 01446 709144
To the Members of the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee Chairman: Councillor L. Burnett;
Vice-Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges;
Councillors: Ms. R.M. Birch, B.T. Gray, S.J. Griffiths, M. Lloyd, M.J.G. Morgan, Mrs. J. Norman, Mrs. R. Nugent-Finn and Mrs. S. Perkes.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Mr. A. Rickett (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mrs. J. Lynch-Wilson (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. D. Griffith (Welsh Medium Education).
Mr N. Want (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Free Churches).