Notice of Meeting VOLUNTARY SECTOR JOINT LIAISON COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 3RD OCTOBER, 2018 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Appointment of Honorary Vice-Chairman from the Representatives of the Voluntary Sector for the Municipal Year.
2. Appointment of the Strong Communities Grant Fund Education Panel Representative for the Municipal Year.
3. Apologies for absence.
4. Minutes of the Meeting held on 7 February 2018.
5. To receive declarations of interest.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
6. The Mayor’s Foundation – His Worship the Mayor. [View Presentation] [View Supplementary Information]
7. Mental Health Voluntary Sector Services in the Vale of Glamorgan. [View Presentation]
Reports of the Managing Director –
8. Voluntary Sector Compact - Annual Work Plan Update.
9. Local Authority Funding of Third Sector Services – Wales Audit Office Report.
10. Welfare Reform – Progress Report.
Reports of the Voluntary Sector –
11. Glamorgan Voluntary Services (GVS) Annual Report.
12. Economic Value of Volunteering Within the Vale of Glamorgan.
13. Vale Third Sector “Wellbeing in Action Project” – End of Project Report.
26th September, 2018
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh.
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mrs. A. Rudman, Tel: (01446) 709855
To the Members of the Voluntary Sector Joint Liaison Committee:
Chairman: Councillor Mrs. C.A. Cave;
Vice-Chairman: Councillor M. Lloyd;
Councillors: L. Burnett, Miss. A.M. Collins, G.C. Kemp, M.J.G. Morgan, N. Moore and Mrs. J.M. Norman.
Representatives of the Voluntary Sector:
Linda Newton (Cardiff and Vale Action for Mental Health) (Vice-Chairman), Teresa Power (Age Connects, Cardiff and the Vale), Helen Jones (Atal y Fro), Hollie Thomas (Barnardos), Rachel Connor (Glamorgan Voluntary Services), Councillor Mrs. A. Barnaby (from Town and Community Councils) plus two vacancies from the Voluntary Sector.