EARLY RETIREMENT AND REDUNDANCY COMMITTEE
Minutes of a meeting held on 13th September, 2018.
Present: Councillor V.J. Bailey (Chairman); Councillor S.T. Edwards (Vice-Chairman); Councillors Mrs. C.A. Cave, Mrs. P. Drake, G. John and N.C. Thomas.
279 APOLOGY FOR ABSENCE -
This was received from Councillor Mrs. A. Moore.
280 MINUTES -
RESOLVED - T H A T the minutes of the meeting held on 12th July, 2018 be approved as a correct record.
281 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST -
No declarations were received.
282 EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC -
RESOLVED - T H A T under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part 4 of Schedule 12A (as amended) of the Act, the relevant paragraphs of the Schedule being referred to in brackets after the minute heading.
283 DETERMINATION OF REDUNDANCY/EARLY RETIREMENT ON THE GROUNDS OF REDUNDANCY - H (DEH) (EXEMPT INFORMATION - PARAGRAPHS 12, 13 AND 14) -
Consideration was given to an application for redundancy/early retirement on the grounds of redundancy in respect of the above employee.
RESOLVED - T H A T the application in respect of H be approved on the basis of Scheme D of the Council’s Voluntary Retirement on the grounds of redundancy (Discretionary Scheme) with effect from 13th September, 2018.
Reason for decision
(1) To support the service in achieving financial efficiencies and to meet the required budget reduction targets.
(2) To ensure that Council’s policies and procedures are followed and that only appropriate payments are made.
284 APPLICATION FOR EARLY RETIREMENT - D (DSS) (EXEMPT INFORMATION - PARAGRAPHS 13 AND 14) -
Consideration was given to an application for early retirement in respect of the above employee. In regard to the report it was subsequently
(1) T H A T the application in respect of the early retirement of D in accordance with the Council’s Policy Scheme C - Early Retirement/Termination on Grounds of Efficiency of the Service subject to no other circumstances arising in the interim whereby the employment would be terminated for a different reason be approved.
(2) T H A T appropriate delegated powers to enable deletion of the post following the termination of the employee with effect from 31st October, 2018 be approved.
Reasons for decisions
(1) To determine the early retirement within the regulations and to allow for eventualities that may not be known at this time.
(2) To achieve the necessary savings to the service area.