Disabled Parking Bays Eligibility
All applicants must meet the following criteria, otherwise the application will be rejected.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident at the address
- Be the owner or the driver or the passenger of a vehicle registered at that address.
- Be the holder of a Disabled Persons’ Parking Badge (Blue Badge)
- The applicant must not have access to off-street parking (i.e. garage, hard standing or driveway) and the only available parking must be on the adopted highway in front of their property.
- If not the disabled driver (e.g. children) the applicant must be in receipt of the higher rate mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance, have a permanent and substantial disability which results in severely restricted mobility, wheelchair dependency or lack of the capacity to understand basic road safety. Evidence must be provided.
Please Note: Five surveys of the level of parking are carried out in the vicinity of the applicant’s home at different times of the day and evening which must show that there is no convenient parking space within 25metres of the applicant’s home.