YOU CAN ASK FOR THIS DOCUMENT IN OTHER FORMATS.
FOR EXAMPLE: IN A LARGER FONT, ON DIFFERENT COLOUR PAPER
Notice of Meeting GOVERNANCE AND AUDIT COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 18TH SEPTEMBER, 2023 AT 6.00 PM
Venue REMOTE MEETING
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 17th July, 2023.
3. To receive declarations of interest and the nature of such interests under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer or Democratic Services at least 48 hours before the meeting).
4. Draft Annual Self-Assessment 2022-23 – Cabinet: 7th September, 2023.
5. Quarter 1 Treasury Management Monitoring 2023/24 – Cabinet: 7th September, 2023.
Reports of the Director of Corporate Resources –
6. Audit Wales Draft Detailed Audit Plan 2023 and Quarter 1 Update on Audit Wales Work Programme.
7. Corporate Risk Register Quarter 1 Update.
Reports of the Head of the Regional Internal Audit Service –
8. Public Sector Internal Audit Standards – (PSIAS) – External Peer Assessment of the Regional Internal Audit Service.
9. Draft Governance and Audit Committee Annual Report 2022/23.
10. Progress Against the Internal Audit Risk Based Plan 2023-24.
11. Recommendation Monitoring.
12. Updated Forward Work Programme 2023/24.
13. Any other items which the Chair has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A (4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
14. Any other items which the Chair has decided are urgent (Part II).
12th September, 2023
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985
Inspection of background papers:
In the first instance, enquiries should be made of
G. Davies, Tel: 01446 709249
To the Members of the Governance and Audit Committee
Chair: G. Chapman (Lay Member);
Vice-Chair: N. Ireland (Lay Member)
Councillors: P. Drake, E. Goodjohn, M.J. Hooper, J.M. Norman, J. Protheroe and N.J. Wood; and M. Evans (Lay Member)
PLEASE NOTE: Council meetings will be held in line with the Council’s Multi-Location Meetings Policy and details at paragraphs 21.2 and 21.3 which meetings will be held on a hybrid and remote only basis.
Meetings of the Vale of Glamorgan Council will also be livestreamed, except where Part II matters are wholly or in part being considered, in accordance with the Council’s Multi-Location Meetings Policy.
If taking part, this means that you are being recorded both visually and in sound with the meeting being transmitted on the internet. This is done for the purposes of supporting and promoting democratic engagement and public interest. We will retain the data for 6 years and then offer it to the archivist at the Glamorgan Records Office for permanent retention. You have the right to apply to access, rectify, restrict, object or erase this data. The Information Regulator is the Information Commissioner who can be contacted https://ico.org.uk/. The Data Protection Officer for the Council can be contacted at DPO@valeofglamorgan.gov.uk.
Meetings that are held on hybrid basis will take place in the Council Chamber and online. Generally the public gallery in the Chamber is not filmed. However, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed and to the possible use of those images and sound recordings for livestreaming and/or training purposes.
Meetings that are held Remotely
A Member wishing to attend the Civic Offices e.g., from the Council Chamber, in order to access/ attend a remote meeting, via the use of their Council device using the Council ICT network to join the meeting can do so, but they are requested to notify Democratic Services in advance of the meeting particularly when the meeting is held in the evening so that building security can be notified.
Members of the public who may wish to observe the live broadcast of the proceedings of a meeting being held on a remote meeting basis and are unable to do so from home, will be able to view the live broadcast from a designated area at the Civic Offices in Barry, subject to notification of attendance being received no later than one working day before the date of the meeting.
If you have any queries regarding this, please contact email@example.com or telephone 01446 709249.