Notice of Meeting EXTRAORDINARY MEETING OF THE LEARNING AND CULTURE SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 23RD APRIL, 2018 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES, BARRY
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 26th March, 2018.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
Request for Consideration of Matter –
4. The Provision of Free Sanitary Products in Schools in the Vale of Glamorgan: Councillor Mrs. J.M. Norman. [View Introduction Statement]
Report of the Director of Learning and Skills –
5. Vale of Glamorgan Well-being and Improvement Objectives (Improvement Plan Part 1) 2018/19.
6. Historic Environment in the Vale of Glamorgan – Peter Thomas, Senior Planner (Conservation and Design). [View Presentation]
Report of the Managing Director –
7. Annual Equality Monitoring Report 2016-2017.
8. Arts and Culture Strategy: An Aspirational and Culturally Vibrant Vale 2018-2022 – Cabinet, 5th March, 2018.
9. Future Use of Tŷ Deri – Cabinet: 19th March, 2018. [View Presentation]
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills –
10. Summary of School Inspection Reports for Autumn Term 2017.
11. Summary of School Inspection Reports for Spring Term 2018.
12. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
13. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
16th April, 2018
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee Chairman: Councillor L. Burnett;
Councillors: Ms. R.M. Birch, B.T. Gray, S.J. Griffiths, N.P. Hodges, M. Lloyd, M.J.G. Morgan, Mrs. J.M. Norman, Ms. S.D. Perkes and Mrs. M. Wright.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Mr. A. Rickett (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mrs. J. Lynch-Wilson (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Vacant (Welsh Medium Education).
Mr N. Want (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Free Churches).