YOU CAN ASK FOR THIS DOCUMENT IN OTHER FORMATS.
FOR EXAMPLE: IN A LARGER FONT, ON DIFFERENT COLOUR PAPER
Notice of Meeting LEARNING AND CULTURE SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting THURSDAY, 9TH MARCH, 2023 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue REMOTE MEETING
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 9th February, 2023.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations).
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
4. CSC - Curriculum for Wales: Journey to 2022 – Termly Update [View Presentation].
5. Statutory Consultation to Expand Ysgol Iolo Morganwg from 210 Places to 420 Places from September 2025 – Cabinet: 2nd February, 2023.
6. Annual Equality Monitoring Report 2021 – 2022 – Cabinet: 16th February, 2023.
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills –
7. Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April to 31st January, 2023.
8. Revenue Monitoring for the Period 1st April to 31st January, 2023.
9. Summary of Estyn Inspection Outcomes for the Autumn Term 2022 [View Presentation].
10. Central South Consortium: Annual Local Authority Scrutiny Report.
11. Service Level Activities and Performance Targets to Deliver the Vale of Glamorgan Council’s Annual Delivery Plan 2023/2024.
12. Annual Delivery Plan Monitoring Report: Quarter 3 Performance 2022/23 and Progress Against External Regulatory Recommendations and Proposals for Improvement.
(Members are reminded to inform the Democratic and Scrutiny Services Section by no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting if they require officer attendance for Performance Monitoring)
13. Any items which the Chair has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A (4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
14. Any items which the Chair has decided are urgent (Part II).
2nd March, 2023
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh.
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of E. Whitaker, Tel: (01446) 709144
To All Members of the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee
Chair: Councillor R.R. Thomas;
Vice-Chair: Councillor H.M. Payne;
Councillors: A. Asbrey, W. Gilligan, R.E. Godfrey, E.J. Goodjohn, W.A. Hennessy, N.P. Hodges, J. Lynch-Wilson, N.B. Marshallsea, J.M. Norman and E. Penn.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
R. Morteo (Church in Wales)
Dr. M. Price (Roman Catholic Church)
L. Barrowclough (Parent Governor – Primary Sector)
Vacant (Parent Governor – Secondary Sector)
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
A. Emmerson (Vale Youth Forum)
R. Goodjohn (Vale Youth Forum)
G. Scott (Welsh Medium Education)
Vacant (Free Churches)
PLEASE NOTE: The Council is adhering to Welsh Government’s guidance in relation to public health risks. The Council’s Covid 19 measures are kept under review based on guidance received from the Welsh Government and the Council’s Health and Safety Team.
Council meetings will be held in line with the Council’s Multi-Location Meetings Policy and details at paragraphs 21.2 and 21.3 which meetings will be held on a hybrid and remote only basis.
Meetings of the Vale of Glamorgan Council will also be livestreamed, except where Part II matters are wholly or in part being considered, in accordance with the Council’s Multi-Location Meetings Policy.
If taking part, this means that you are being recorded both visually and in sound with the meeting being transmitted on the internet. This is done for the purposes of supporting and promoting democratic engagement and public interest. We will retain the data for 6 years and then offer it to the archivist at the Glamorgan Records Office for permanent retention. You have the right to apply to access, rectify, restrict, object or erase this data. The Information Regulator is the Information Commissioner who can be contacted https://ico.org.uk/. The Data Protection Officer for the Council can be contacted at DPO@valeofglamorgan.gov.uk.
Meetings that are held on hybrid basis will take place in the Council Chamber and online. Generally the public gallery in the Chamber is not filmed. However, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed and to the possible use of those images and sound recordings for livestreaming and/or training purposes.
Meetings that are held Remotely
A Member wishing to attend the Civic Offices e.g. from the Council Chamber, in order to access/ attend a remote meeting, via the use of their Council device using the Council ICT network to join the meeting can do so, but they are requested to notify Democratic Services in advance of the meeting particularly when the meeting is held in the evening so that building security can be notified.
Members of the public who may wish to observe the live broadcast of the proceedings of a meeting being held on a remote meeting basis and are unable to do so from home, will be able to view the live broadcast from a designated area at the Civic Offices in Barry, subject to notification of attendance being received no later than one working day before the date of the meeting.
If you have any queries regarding this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01446 709144.