YOU CAN ASK FOR THIS DOCUMENT IN OTHER FORMATS.
FOR EXAMPLE: IN A LARGER FONT; ON DIFFERENT COLOUR PAPER.
Notice of Meeting COUNCIL
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 9TH SEPTEMBER, 2019 AT 6.05 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE TIME OF THE MEETING.
PRAYERS WILL BE SAID AT 6.00 P.M.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. (a) To hear the roll call of Members.
(b) To receive declarations of interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
3. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 29th July, 2019.
4. To receive any announcements from the Mayor, Leader, Members of the Cabinet and the Head of Paid Service and to receive any petitions submitted by Members.
5. To consider the following Notice of Motion [submitted by Councillors Mrs. J.E. Charles and A.R.T. Davies] –
The Vale of Glamorgan Council:
- Regrets proposals which could lead to the closure of the Sam Davies Ward;
- Fears the impacts the closure of the ward will have, and the additional pressures if will place on ambulance staff;
- Shares trade union concerns in relation to the proposals and consultation;
- Calls on the Welsh Government to ring fence additional funds recently announced by Westminster to support the ward and local medical services.
6. To consider the following Notice of Motion [submitted by Councillors G.D.D. Carroll and A.R.T. Davies] –
The Vale of Glamorgan Council:
- Regrets the Council's decision not to renew the Cowbridge livestock market auctioneer's annual rental agreement;
- Calls on the Council to act on the feasibility report it commissioned that seeks to find an alternative market site;
- Recognises the concerns Cowbridge residents have in relation to the market site;
- Calls on the Council to engage with the community on any redevelopment proposals to seek a broad base of support for any plans that may be brought forward.
Report of the Managing Director –
7. Use of the Managing Director’s Emergency Powers.
Report of the Monitoring Officer / Head of Legal and Democratic Services –
8. Review of the Council’s Constitution.
Report of the Section 151 Officer –
9. Statement of Accounts 2018/19.
(For ease of future reference, the Statement of Accounts is provided as a separate document and can be found at the back of the agenda.)
10. To consider the following proposal(s) from the Executive in relation to the Council’s Policy Framework and Budget
Date of Meeting
(a) Vale of Glamorgan Annual Report (Improvement Plan Part 2) 2018/19 (Reference from Cabinet 9th September, 2019 to be relayed verbally at Council meeting) (A copy of the report to be considered by Cabinet on 9th September is attached at the back of this agenda)
9th September, 2019
N.B. The report which is the subject of the reference in respect of Agenda Item 10(a) above has already been circulated to Members with the Cabinet agenda for 9th September, 2019.
**Further copies are available from the Democratic Services Office if required**.
11. To inform the Council of the Use of the Urgent Decision Procedure Under Article 14.14 of the Constitution.
12. To receive questions and answers pursuant to Section 4.18.2 – 4.18.7 of the Council’s Constitution (i.e. questions on any matter in relation to which the Council has powers or duties or which affects the Vale of Glamorgan).
13. Questions from the public.
1 question has been received.
14. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
15. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part II).
3rd September, 2019
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Rees, Tel: Barry (01446) 709413
Distribution: To all Members of the Council
Please note that certain meetings of the Vale of Glamorgan Council will be webcast, you will be informed verbally if the meeting you are at will be. If it is then this means that you are being recorded both visually and in sound and that is made available on the internet. This is done for the purposes of supporting and promoting democratic engagement and public interest. We will retain the data for 6 years and then offer it to the archivist at the Glamorgan Records Office for permanent retention. You have the right to apply to access, rectify, restrict, object or erase this data. The Information Regulator is the Information Commissioner who can be contacted https://ico.org.uk/. The Data Protection Officer for the Council can be contacted at DPO@valeofglamorgan.gov.uk.
Generally the public gallery is not filmed. However, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed and to the possible use of those images and sound recordings for webcasting and/or training purposes.
If you have any queries regarding this, please contact the Head of Democratic Services within office hours. Tel. No. (01446) 709413 or by e‑mail – firstname.lastname@example.org