Agenda Item No 7
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Cabinet Meeting 1 October 2018
Report of the Leader
Cabinet Quarterly Work Programme October to December 2018
Purpose of the Report
- To advise Cabinet of the current position regarding work programming and to agree and approve the next Cabinet Quarterly Work Programme of the Cabinet/Council for the period October to December 2018.
- That the position with regard to the July to September work programme (Appendix 1) be noted.
- That the Quarterly Work Programme of the Cabinet/Council for the period October to December 2018 be approved.
Reasons for the Recommendations
1&2 To comply with the requirements of the Local Government Act 2000, subordinate legislation and the Council's Constitution.
- In accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 2000 and the Council's Constitution, the Cabinet Annual Strategic Forward Work Programme sets out matters which the Executive and Full Council are likely to consider during the period up to April 2018.
- The Cabinet Quarterly Work Programme (Appendix 1) sets out matters that were included in the Strategic Work Programme as well as other specific items that the Executive and Full Council were planning to consider during July to September 2018 and provides updates on the same.
- Appendix 2 sets out the proposed work programme for the period October to December 2018. The Forward Work Programme shall contain information on:
- The timetable for considering the budget and any plans forming part of the Policy Framework and requiring Council approval, and which body is to consider them.
- The timetable for considering any plans which are the responsibility of the Executive.
- Any individual matters which the Executive intends to consult on, in advance of taking any decision and the timetable for consultation and decision.
Relevant Issues and Options
- The previous quarterly Work Programme of the Cabinet/Council runs for the period July through to end of September. This report provides a stock-take of that current work programme and sets out a revised and up to date work programme for the period October to December 2018. The previous work programme (July-September) is set out in Appendix 1, and the programme for October-December is set out in Appendix 2. The work programme sets out the reports to be scheduled in the current quarter. It also indicates the potential role of Scrutiny as well as those reports that will be considered by Council.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
- There are no direct implications as a result of the report.
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
- None applicable to this report.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
- The preparation/publication of Forward Work Programme complies with the requirements of the Local Government Act 2000, subordinate legislation and the Council's Constitution.
Crime and Disorder Implications
- There are no direct implications as a result of this report.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
- None applicable to this report.
- The publication of a Forward Work Programme is an important element of the Council meeting its corporate/services objectives and maximising consultation with interested parties.
Policy Framework and Budget
- This is a matter for Executive decision by Cabinet.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
- Consultation with Scrutiny and other Committee is indicated in the Programme.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
- All Scrutiny Committees.
Local Government Act 2000
Council Consultation - October 2002
Corporate Management Team