Magnificent Edwardian gardens flowing from grand vistas to intimate spaces overlooked by a large mansion. The enormous great lawn is bordered by seasonal bedding and a croquet lawn. There is also a large glasshouse, statuary collection, and arboretum featuring trees from all over the world.
Designed by eminent landscape architect Thomas Mawson in 1906, the gardens are the early 20th-century vision of coal magnate John Cory and his son Reginald.
Within the gardens, Dyffryn House, a grand Victorian mansion overlooks the key aspects of the gardens. Parts of the ground and first floors have been restored and are unfurnished.
A wild play area covering half an acre is hidden within the arboretum and allows children the space and freedom to play and get back to nature.