YOU CAN ASK FOR THIS DOCUMENT IN OTHER FORMATS.
FOR EXAMPLE: IN A LARGER FONT; ON DIFFERENT COLOUR PAPER.
Notice of Meeting LEARNING AND CULTURE SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting THURSDAY, 15TH OCTOBER, 2020 AT 5.00 P.M.
Venue REMOTE MEETING
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 17th September, 2020.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
4. Update of the Proposal to Increase the Number of Primary School Places in Cowbridge to Meet the Increased Demand as a Result of Recent and Proposed Housing Developments – Cabinet: 9th March, 2020. [Supplemental Information]
5. Welsh Language Standards Annual Monitoring Report 2019-20 – Cabinet: 7th September, 2020.
6. Coronavirus Recovery Strategy – Cabinet: 21st September, 2020.
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills –
7. Proposal to Establish a new Centre for Learning and Wellbeing and a Specialist Resource Base at Gladstone Primary School which would be Managed by Ysgol y Deri from September 2021. [Supplemental Information]
8. Governor Training Report for the 2019/20 Academic Year.
9. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
10. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
8th October, 2020
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. G.J. Davies, Tel: 01446 709249
To the Members of the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee
Chairman: Councillor S.J. Griffiths;
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Ms. R.M. Birch;
Councillors: N.P. Hodges, T.H. Jarvie, G.C. Kemp, Mrs. J.M. Norman, A.C. Parker, Mrs. S.D. Perkes, L.O. Rowlands and N.C. Thomas
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Dr. M. Price (Roman Catholic Church).
Mr. A. Rickett (Church in Wales).
Vacant (Parent Governor – Secondary Sector)
Mrs. J. Lynch-Wilson (Parent Governor – Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. H. Gapper (Welsh Medium Education).
Mr. Isaac Cramb (Vale Youth Forum).
Mr. Thomas Froud (Vale Youth Forum)
Vacant (Free Churches).
PLEASE NOTE: Due to current restrictions and the requirement for social distancing this meeting will not be held at its usual location. This will be a virtual meeting and ‘attendance’ will be restricted to Members of the Council and Officers in support of the agenda items. The meeting will be recorded for subsequent transmission via the Council’s internet site. If you have any queries regarding this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 01446 709249.