YOU CAN ASK FOR THIS DOCUMENT IN OTHER FORMATS.
FOR EXAMPLE: IN A LARGER FONT; ON DIFFERENT COLOUR PAPER.
Notice of Meeting LEARNING AND CULTURE SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting THURSDAY, 8TH JULY, 2021 AT 5.00 P.M.
Venue REMOTE MEETING
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 10th June, 2021.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
4. Consultation Response: Welsh Government’s Race Equality Action Plan for an Anti-Racist Wales – Cabinet: 7th June, 2021.
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills –
5. The impact of Coronavirus Pandemic on the Social, Emotional and Mental Health of Children and Young People in the Vale of Glamorgan and an overview of support provided by the Local Authority.
6. Curriculum for Wales: Journey to 2022.
7. Annual Delivery Plan Monitoring Report: Quarter 4 Performance 2020/21.
(Members are reminded to inform the Democratic and Scrutiny Services Section by no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting if they require officer attendance for Performance Monitoring)
8. Closure of Accounts 2020/21.
9. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April to 31st May, 2021.
Report of the Managing Director –
10. 1st Quarter Scrutiny Recommendation Tracking 2021/22 and Updated Committee Forward Work Programme Schedule 2021/22.
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
12. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
1st July, 2021
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Ms. C. Lindsey, Tel: 01446 709144
To the Members of the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee
Chairman: Councillor G.C. Kemp;
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Ms. R.M. Birch;
Councillors: S.J. Griffiths, N.P. Hodges, T.H. Jarvie, Mrs. J.M. Norman, A.C. Parker, Mrs. S.D. Perkes, L.O. Rowlands and N.C. Thomas.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Dr. M. Price (Roman Catholic Church).
Mr. A. Rickett (Church in Wales).
Mrs. J. Lynch-Wilson (Parent Governor – Primary Sector)
Vacant (Parent Governor – Secondary Sector)
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. H. Gapper (Welsh Medium Education)
Mr. Isaac Cramb (Vale Youth Forum).
Mr. Thomas Froud (Vale Youth Forum)
Vacant (Free Churches).
PLEASE NOTE: Due to current restrictions and the requirement for social distancing this meeting will not be held at its usual location. This will be a virtual meeting and ‘attendance’ will be restricted to Members of the Council and Officers in support of the agenda items. The meeting will be recorded for subsequent transmission via the Council’s internet site. If you have any queries regarding this, please contact email@example.com or tel. 01446 709144.