YOU CAN ASK FOR THIS DOCUMENT IN OTHER FORMATS.
FOR EXAMPLE: IN A LARGER FONT; ON DIFFERENT COLOUR PAPER.
Notice of Meeting LEARNING AND CULTURE SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting THURSDAY, 10TH FEBRUARY, 2022 AT 5.00 P.M.
Venue REMOTE MEETING
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 13th January, 2022.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
4. Update on the Consultation on the Proposals to Amalgamate Bute Cottage Nursery with Evenlode Primary School and Cogan Nursery with Cogan Primary School – Councillor G.D.D. Carroll – Cabinet: 10th January, 2022 (Minute No. C786). [View Supplementary Information]
5. Corporate Safeguarding Mid Term Report – Cabinet: 22nd November, 2021.
6. Reshaping of the Arts Service update and Arts Central Gallery Review – Cabinet: 20th December, 2021.
Report of the Chief Executive –
7. Welsh Language Promotion Strategy. [Appendices - Welsh version]
Report of the Director of Learning and Skills –
8. Summary of work carried out to deliver the Welsh Government’s Period Dignity Grants in Light of COVID-19.
9. Any items which the Chair has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
10. Any items which the Chair has decided are urgent (Part II).
3rd February, 2022
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of C. Lindsey, Tel: 01446 709144
To the Members of the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee
Chair: Councillor G.C. Kemp;
Vice-Chair: Councillor R.M. Birch;
Councillors: S.J. Griffiths, N.P. Hodges, T.H. Jarvie, J.M. Norman, A.C. Parker, S.D. Perkes, L.O. Rowlands and N.C. Thomas.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Dr. M. Price (Roman Catholic Church).
A. Rickett (Church in Wales).
Vacant (Parent Governor – Primary Sector)
Vacant (Parent Governor – Secondary Sector)
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Isaac Cramb (Vale Youth Forum).
Thomas Froud (Vale Youth Forum)
G. Scott (Welsh Medium Education)
Vacant (Free Churches).
PLEASE NOTE: Due to current restrictions and the requirement for social distancing this meeting will not be held at its usual location. This will be a virtual meeting and ‘attendance’ will be restricted to Members of the Council, relevant officers and any registered to speak “interested parties” where appropriate. The meeting will be live streamed and recorded for subsequent transmission via the Council’s public website. If you have any queries regarding this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 01446 709144.