YOU CAN ASK FOR THIS DOCUMENT IN OTHER FORMATS.
FOR EXAMPLE: IN A LARGER FONT; ON DIFFERENT COLOUR PAPER.
Notice of Meeting LEARNING AND CULTURE SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting THURSDAY, 13TH JANUARY, 2022 AT 5.00 P.M.
Venue REMOTE MEETING
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 9th December, 2021.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
4. Children and Young People Services Annual Placements Review – Healthy Living and Social Care Scrutiny Committee: 9th November, 2021.
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills -
5. The Impact of COVID-19 on Pupils’ Literacy Skills in the Vale of Glamorgan.
6. Effectiveness and Efficiency Report Central South Consortium 2020 - 2021.
7. Support for Young Carers in the Vale of Glamorgan.
8. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the period 1st April to 30th November 2021.
Report of the Managing Director –
9. 3rd Quarter Scrutiny Recommendation Tracking 2021/22 and Updated Committee Forward Work Programme Schedule 2021/22. [View Updated Appendix B]
10. Any items which the Chair has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
11. Any items which the Chair has decided are urgent (Part II).
6th January, 2022
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of C. Lindsey, Tel: 01446 709144
To the Members of the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee
Chair: Councillor G.C. Kemp;
Vice-Chair: Councillor R.M. Birch;
Councillors: S.J. Griffiths, N.P. Hodges, T.H. Jarvie, J.M. Norman, A.C. Parker, S.D. Perkes, L.O. Rowlands and N.C. Thomas.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Dr. M. Price (Roman Catholic Church).
A. Rickett (Church in Wales).
Vacant (Parent Governor – Primary Sector)
Vacant (Parent Governor – Secondary Sector)
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Isaac Cramb (Vale Youth Forum).
Thomas Froud (Vale Youth Forum)
Vacant (Welsh Medium Education)
Vacant (Free Churches).
PLEASE NOTE: Due to current restrictions and the requirement for social distancing this meeting will not be held at its usual location. This will be a virtual meeting and ‘attendance’ will be restricted to Members of the Council, relevant officers and any registered to speak “interested parties” where appropriate. The meeting will be live streamed and recorded for subsequent transmission via the Council’s public website. If you have any queries regarding this, please contact email@example.com or tel. 01446 709144.